Jockey Club, Music For Dreams: Sunset Sessions #5 Compiled by Kenneth Bager out now.
Available on all streaming services & download stores.
The compilation is also released on limited edition 2CD. Available only in Ibiza or direct from our Bandcamp store.
The label Music For Dreams is a sonic kaleidoscope of musical tones and colours. It is an exciting aural journey from Danish label boss, dj, event maker, radio host, producer and founder Kenneth Bager’s feeling for all things good as manifested in the diverse offsprings of the Music For Dreams label. Since its inception, the label has sold over 2 million albums and their artists have been featured on more than 1500 different compilations worldwide.
Kenneth Bager is one of the most prominent curators of balearic and chill out music. This double cd is the fith release in the series of “The Sunset Sessions” and is full of exclusive tracks including Jacob Gurevitsch, Kojo Antwi , Ambala, Troels Hammer, Mackrory & Collier and Islandman, among many others. The album has been designed for connoisseurs of balearic sounds.
Kenneth has selected some seriously beautiful new music for this compilation, including the fantastic cover version by Jeb Loy Nichols of the Luther Vandross classic “Never Too Much. The excellent new Danish artist The Swan And The Lake is represented here with the beautiful Mallorca inspired “Port d*Andratx (part 1 sun)” featuring Johan Liepstack on guitar combining soft pads and new age keyboards. The drum machine driven afrofunk of “Meribebeba” by Ghanaian Afro pop, highlife and reggae artist, Kojo Antwi – which was originally released in the 80’s and is currently shifting hands for a small fortune online. The Danish duo Mikkel Nordsø and Ole Theill – both former Bombay Hotel members – deliver the essential Cafe Del Mar sunset piece “Japtal” taken from their latest album “Nordsø & Theill” on Music For Dreams, Manchester legend Dj Moonboots rates it as one of the best albums of the last ten years! Staying in the North of England – the track from Manchesters Ruf Dug is a beautiful tribute to Compass Point musician, producer, and former Level 42 member, keyboard player Wally Badarou – simply called “Thank You Wally”.
Balearic legend Dj Pippi gets the remix treatment by the French house producer Folamour and the result is a funky housed up Theo Parrish inspired dream like journey of the album track “So Beautiful”. Folamour strikes twice and his sunny song “Every Day Is A First” suggests he is sure a name to watch. The German duo of Blank and Jones deliver their tribute to the White Isle with the Mike Francis “Features of love” avoured “So Eivissa”. Another highlight of this essential package is the gentle semi scat instrumental groove of “Foto Feita do Avia~O” provided by legendary Danish percussionist Jacob Andersen presenting his new venture Bongo Ent. The massive club masterpiece “Wonky Bassline Disco Banger” with that unmistakeable hard hitting ruff bassline by Red Rack’Em aka the Nottingham based producer Daniel Berman is another great inclusion. The guitar player Jacob Gurevitsch, known for “Lovers In Paris” is featured with “Zsa Zsa” a solo guitar based work, taken from his new “Cinematique” Ep. Jacob also features as a guest with label mate, classical composer and producer on Troels Hammers “Sunrise at Beira Beach”. The Ibiza Anthem Pochill – “Fransesca Road” is included in the Dj Pippi and Kenneth Bager dub mix featuring Danish duo Dalholt and Langkilde.
Hypnotic and modern hippie vibes are represented by the San Fransisco based duo of Peaking Lights “Little Flower” feat none other than the actress and fashion designer Chloé Sevigny. Italian mixer and producer LTJ Xperience has been making waves the last couple of years with the magni cent production of “Beggar Groove” – a special blend of Harmonica solos on a funk groove – and one of compiler Kenneth Bagers personal faves . Also exclusive to the album is the production of the Indian vibes of “Wadijha by Dalholt and Bjarno. Former Cafe Del Mar chill out Dj – Phil Mison is included with his new funky out t Ambala feat. Danish legends Laid Back – remixed by Ibiza Amnesia legend Leo Mas and his partner Fabrice. The track “Walk With The Dreamers” is taken from the debut album called “Ambala – Volume 1”. Label honcho Kenneth Bager is included with an ambient version of the title track from his latest artist album “Premiere Classe”. The track features the fantastic neapolitan keyboard wizard Tuccinelli. Kenneth’s string based, dubby beach excur- sion of Danish duo’s Dalholt and Langkildes “Disco Disco” is another Mediterranean beauty.
1. Troels Hammer – Letters From Uhuru (feat. Rodrigo Sha)
2. The Swan And The Lake – Port d’Andratx (feat. Johan Liepstack) [Part 1 ‘Sun’]
3. Luis Paniagua – Me Muevo
4. Nordsø & Theill – Japtal (Album Edit)
5. Jacob Gurevitsch – Zsa-Zsa
6. Ruf Dug – Thank You Wally
7. Jeb Loy Nichols – Never Too Much
8. Islandman – Night Wind
9. Circles Of Sound – Going Somewhere With You (Extended Mix)
10. Blank & Jones – So Eivissa (RunSQ Remix)
11. Kojo Antwi – Meribebeba
12. Bongo Entp. – Foto Feita do Avia~O
13. Cathy Claret – La Chica Del Viento
14. Ambala – Walk With The Dreamers (feat. Laid Back) [Leo Mas & Fabrice feat. Giorgio Li Calzi Remix]
15. The Kenneth Bager Experience – Premiere Classé (feat. Tuccinelli) [Ambient Mix]
1. Mackrory & Collier – Lucky Charm (Andi Hanley Edit)
2. Dalholt & Langkilde – Disco Disco (Kenneth Bager vs Dalholt Beach Club Mix)
3. Pochill – Francesca Road (DJ Pippi & Kenneth Bager feat. Dalholt & Langkilde Dub Remix)
4. Peaking Lights – Little Flower (feat. Chloe Sevigny)
5. LTJ Experience – Beggar Groove
6. Bjarno – Moving Clouds
7. Dalholt & Bjarno – Wadijha
8. Manetti – Honey Tribe
9. Folamour – Each Day Is A First Day
10. COEO – Mydonna
11. Red Rack’Em – Wonky Bassline Disco Banger
12. DJ Pippi – So Beautiful (Folamour Lost in the Moment Vocal Remix)
13. Luke Solomon & Jonny Rock – Groovin To LA (DJ Fett Birger Janda G’s Cascada Mix)
13. Troels Hammer Feat. Jacob Gurevitsch – Sunrise At Beira Beach